SOLVED

Attribution Models and Tableau

Go to solution
Jean_Borich
Level 2

Attribution Models and Tableau

Hi there!! 

We are looking to build out an attribution model in 2021 so we can begin to more accurately track mktg contribution to sales pipeline. Recently our org just adopted Tableau and we were able to set up Marketo and SFDC integrations. Our hope is that we would be able to leverage Tableau to build out these models using data from both Marketo and SFDC.

I am working on my analytics skills, but there is a lot left for me to learn. We are looking to bring on some additional help to build out these models. So far, I have chatted with Perkuto and Digital Pi, and it seems like this ask is harder than we anticipated. 

Has anyone built out an attribution model / reporting in Tableau? Any recommendations on where to start or who to partner with to help us build this out? To be honest, I have no idea where to begin!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Attribution Models and Tableau

The bulk activities extract/query activities REST endpoints can help you get the email engagement and the respective email engagements' program data. The response of the activities API call would have a JSON result array, you should check the "primaryAttributeValue" in each of the JSON result array elements. "primaryAttributeValue" will have the email asset name in the <program name>.<email-name> format. Also, email engagement data is not stored in any field on the person record, rather it is stored as the activity data in Marketo.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Abaran
Level 5

Hello Jean

Howa re you? we are currently in the process of doing the same thing for email metrics than move on to attribution.

Have you made any progress on this? if you have would be open to a zoom conversation? Right now we are trying to figure out what field would allow us to know which program is an email send related to.

I worked with both agencies and they are really good. 

Thanks

Axel

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

The bulk activities extract/query activities REST endpoints can help you get the email engagement and the respective email engagements' program data. The response of the activities API call would have a JSON result array, you should check the "primaryAttributeValue" in each of the JSON result array elements. "primaryAttributeValue" will have the email asset name in the <program name>.<email-name> format. Also, email engagement data is not stored in any field on the person record, rather it is stored as the activity data in Marketo.

Abaran
Level 5

Thanks Darshil