Re: Attribute primary campaign source in SFDC only for successful campaign member statuses

Marie_Ligier
Level 4

Attribute primary campaign source in SFDC only for successful campaign member statuses

Hi,

Is there a way to identify, in Salesforce, program statuses marked as "success" in Marketo?

Here is what I would like to achieve:

Currently, Salesforce is populating the "Primary campaign source" of an opportunity with the latest campaign any contact attached to the opp was enrolled in.

We like this "last touch approach" but we would like to restrict this flow to successful statuses only.

The reason is that we have campaign members that just received an invite for example, and never interacted further with us. We don't want this to be considered as the "primary campaign source" as obviously the campaign hasn't influenced the opportunity.

We still need those inactive contacts to appear in the campaign with a status like "Email Sent" so that our sales teams can view who was invited, and we can have accurate conversion reports.

Any ideas?

Thanks Marketo Community

Marie

Marie
6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Attribute primary campaign source in SFDC only for successful campaign member statuses

Bonjour Marie,

If you want to do this, you will have to create an SFDC trigger that overrides the default behavior. Marketo cannot help you with this

Best regards,

Grégoire

Marie_Ligier
Level 4

Thanks Grégoire, but can I identify the Marketo defined "success statuses" in SFDC, in order to base my trigger on those statuses change specifically?

Marie
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hello Marie,

No you cannot directly. You will have to rely on the "responded" statues in SFDC. If the campaign is sync'ed with a program, they are the same, though.

-Greg

Fengning_Yu
Level 1

Hi Marie,

We are working on a similar issue. We are coded our attribution model from within Salesforce. Not sure what step you are on in the campaign syncing and reporting, but I've created this guide that may help you: https://digitalmarketingtechie.com/complete-guide-to-marketo-salesforce-campaign-syncing-reporting/

It gives a walkthrough of the process from the initial Marketo Salesforce sync to an example of a completed multi-touch dashboard. I also share tips and tricks along the way.

Let's keep in touch!

-Fengning

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It's "piqued," not "peaked."

Marie_Ligier
Level 4

Hi Fengning,

For some reason I missed the notification of your reply - sorry!

Thanks for sharing, but the link seems to be broken could you please have a look and send the new link?

Marie

Marie