At what point does a lead sync to salesforce?

Anonymous
Not applicable

At what point does a lead sync to salesforce?

I am new to Marketo and was wondering if leads automatically sync to SFDB?  I don't want to have my sales team see them until we feel they should.  Is this something that I set up in the flow?

Thank you!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: At what point does a lead sync to salesforce?

Hey Ashley,

Leads do not sync automatically. You can control that with flow steps. The only time I have seen the Lead synching without you specifically telling it to is when you sync a Mkto Program with a SFDC Campaign. When you do this, and a Lead's status is updated, the system will then sync the Lead so that the corresponding SFDC Campaign can have the updated status as well. 

That make sense? Other than that, you should have complete control over who makes it to SFDC or not.
Nicole_Mossinge
Level 7

Jeff nailed it.

Are you still working with a Marketo Enablement Consultant? If so, as him/her about setting-up your sync to SFDC in a Sync or Lifecycle Campaign.

There are two philosophies on when a lead should be synched:

1. Sync all leads to SFDC immediately, but hide them from sales until they become Marketing Qualified. Advantages are that leads can be de-duped on the SFDC side, and reporting will be aligned between Marketo and SFDC. Downside: You have to provide sales with a filtered view of the leads, or they will start going after raw leads.

2. Hold back leads in Marketo until they are MQL, then sync. Advantages are that less leads are in SFDC, less sync traffic, no SFDC processes can be triggered by accident, and without changes in SFDC, sales only sees MQL. Downside: If you are synching Marketo Programs and SFDC Campaigns, leads will make it into SFDC when they first become a Program/SFDC campaign member, regardless of whether they reaced MQL status.

I much favor option #1, as it is simpler and cleaner.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your answers.  That helps so much.  🙂