SOLVED

Assignment rules

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Assignment rules

Is there a way to assign new leads equally between owners without using a partition? I've tried the random sample flow but it only assigns 50% to the intended owner and the other 50% to "new lead". How can I assign them equally between 2 owners?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Assignment rules

You can click "Add Choice" another time so there will be "Choice 1", "Choice 2", and "Default Choice" (which serves as the third choice). You then adjust the random sample percentage for "Choice 1" to 33% and "Choice 2" to 33%. This will provide a even distribution between 3 options now.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Devraj_Grewal

Sharnel,

In a "Sync Lead to SFDC" flow step, you have the option to select the user that the lead is assigned to. So I would click the "Add Choice" option once so you see the "Choice 1" and "Default Choice" options. In the "Choice 1" select the "If Random Sample is 50%" and have it assign to the first owner. The default choice will be to assign to the second owner. So all leads that run through will be distributed evenly to those two owners. Make sure you clear out "Use Auto-Assignment Rules" out of the "Default Choice" as this is most likely what is causing leads to be assigned to the "New Lead" SFDC owner.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh ok...makes total sense. Thanks Devraj.

Is there a way to do this if I decided to add a 3rd owner? Would I need to created separate flow steps?

Devraj_Grewal

You can click "Add Choice" another time so there will be "Choice 1", "Choice 2", and "Default Choice" (which serves as the third choice). You then adjust the random sample percentage for "Choice 1" to 33% and "Choice 2" to 33%. This will provide a even distribution between 3 options now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

And this same logic will apply if adding 4 or 5 users. Thanks for the clarification!