Assigning activity to salesforce user that requested the campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Assigning activity to salesforce user that requested the campaign

I have setup a couple of campaigns that are triggered through SalesInsight. In these campaigns an activity is logged to the lead, however the lead is still owned by the salesforce queue. Is there any way I can assign the activity to the user that requested the campaign? At the least, could I assign the lead to the salesforce user that requested the campaign and then assign the task to the owner?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Assigning activity to salesforce user that requested the campaign

If you assign a task to a Queue Owner, it won't work and it won't be assigned to the requestor.

I do not believe you can do what you ask because Marketo won't see the Requestor's name, it just sees Lead Owner. So even if you created a custom field to capture Lead Owner name, you couldn't do that with Requestor or "Current User".

But, if you know someone who is skilled at Apex code, it might be possible to capture that Requestor name and put it in a custom field and pass it along with the Lead record during the campaign process.

Last MSI Requestor=Current User Action Name

It might be better to have someone take ownership of the record first, then the Task can be assigned to the Lead Owner.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Assigning activity to salesforce user that requested the campaign

Thanks Josh. I was afraid that would be the answer.