SOLVED

Are there specific directions for setting up forms when using the SOAP & Javascript API method?

Go to solution
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Are there specific directions for setting up forms when using the SOAP & Javascript API method?

Mine too.  Yet I've found some clients shiver about fully hidden forms (even though the lead has obviously clicked a submit button in another form).  It seems to be based on superstition rather than actual policy. I understand it and yet... I don't.  I usually wrap the loadForm() in another function called sendFormData() or similar because then the optics are little better.

SanfordWhiteman

Re: Are there specific directions for setting up forms when using the SOAP & Javascript API method?

Carolyn, "SOAP and Javascript API" doesn't really make sense.  If you're using Drupal to post form data, then you're not using JS.  And I hope you're not using SOAP for this task, since it opens you to a DoS attack.    Rather, from your description it sounds like you're using server-side form posts.  While not usually necessary, server-side posts are relatively resilient.  Yet they are also not an "API" per se: the posts appear exactly like a client-side (browser) form post to Marketo, save for the fact that the IP address is always the same (i.e. the address of your server). 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, we're using the Forms 2 method in Drupal but something is wrong because the information is all coming in correctly but the Fills Out Form trigger in my Smart Campaign is not firing so the emails and other actions are not being taken.

Do we need to send the lead source as a hidden field in order to make the trigger fire off? We are already sending the form ID using the Form2 Handler.

SanfordWhiteman

If the trigger is on Filled Out Form activities you don't need any other triggers.  You might want to constrain the trigger to just this form, but if you put an unconstrained trigger -- try it now -- you will catch these fillouts.  If you don't, it means you have some kind of additional filter or constraint. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the trigger is Filled Out Form and I'm using with Form Name the webpage constraint.

Then in the flow, it's supposed to change the Program Status and then kick off the email but that's not happening.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checking but something I've often forgot about in testing - it's hardly a simple as the setting in the schedule to allow leads through the flow every time?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Cathy, I do have that activated and set to run through every time but good idea to check.

I'm wondering if I need to reset the whole thing some how since I've made changes and tested quite a bit. I guess to reset I'd just delete the Fills Out Form trigger and start over?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to close the loop.....I think we figured this out and now have it working. For the Smart List, we used the 'Lead Is Created' trigger and used the Lead Source as the constraint, and the 'Fills Out Form' trigger and used the form name as the constraint. Then I selected 'Use ANY filters' so we could catch new leads or updated existing ones.