Are there best practices for deliverability?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there best practices for deliverability?

Having issues in Outlook and Gmail that we know of right now. Looking for solutions other than the SPF, DKIM, basic subject line writing tips.
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Re: Are there best practices for deliverability?

It's hard to say without looking at your email itself. It could be a lot of different things, including IP reptuation (are you on a shared IP or dedicated?)

Do you use any email testing prior to sending? This will give you a decent idea of potential delivery issues. You might want to check out Litmus or Email on Acid -- they both have trial periods that you could utilize to see if they point anything out for you.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Litmus is extremely helpful for deliverability. Outlook compatiblity can be helped with Litmus coding tips. Also, minimize images for outlook. If you use images, ensure the Alt Text in your code adequately describes the image. 

In my experience, gmail issues tend to deal with blacklisting. I would talk to IT and see if you're on any lists.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

DKIM and SPF are only technical authentication tools which help, but don't guarantee anything. See my slides on this:
http://www.slideshare.net/jdavidhill/marketo-email-reputation-management