SOLVED

Are static lists linked to partitions?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are static lists linked to partitions?

Our platform currently delivers lead data into Marketo using the SOAP API. We're upgrading to the REST API and adding delivery to partitions and static lists. Here's where I'm confused...are static lists linked to partitions such that delivering leads to a specific partition would limit the available static lists we could populate?

Since partitions are unique databases, I'm assuming a user wouldn't be able to (or want to) create a static list sourced from multiple partitions, but I haven't been able to find anything in the support docs that says one way or the other.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are static lists linked to partitions?

Hi Martin

Static lists are linked to a workspace, and that workspace can be associated with one or more lead partitions. So it's possible for a static list to include leads from multiple lead partitions but only if they are associated within the same workspace. So the thing to be conscious of is that if you try and push a list of leads into a static list in a workspace, and those leads already exist in another lead partition that is not shared with that workspace, you're going to run into challenges as they won't import when the exist elsewhere.

Hope that helps.

Bronwen

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Martin

Static lists are linked to a workspace, and that workspace can be associated with one or more lead partitions. So it's possible for a static list to include leads from multiple lead partitions but only if they are associated within the same workspace. So the thing to be conscious of is that if you try and push a list of leads into a static list in a workspace, and those leads already exist in another lead partition that is not shared with that workspace, you're going to run into challenges as they won't import when the exist elsewhere.

Hope that helps.

Bronwen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much Bronwen! This helps, and sheds some light on more considerations we need to make before building.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Bronwen, quick followup question for you...

To get around the problem of static lists and partitions across workspaces...is there a way for us to get the list of workspaces that a partition is assigned to? I see that we can grab workspaceName using Get Multiple Lists, but it looks like Get Lead Partitions only returns a list of partitions, and not their associated workspace(s).

Ideal scenario: user selects a static list, we match it's workspace with available partitions, user can then only deliver to partitions available to that workspace.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Martin

Yes - if you have access to the Admin section of Marketo, under Workspaces and Lead Partitions it lets you know which lead partitions are associated with which workspace.

Hope that helps

Bronwen