SOLVED

Re: Are marketing suspended leads get the email eventually?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are marketing suspended leads get the email eventually?

Hi, 

I was wondering if a lead which did not get a mail in the marketing suspended period will get it eventully?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

I have done a bit of digging to support what I'm saying. Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------
Autumn (Marketo employee) wrote here :

"Email suspended" is automatically set when email bounces to that lead with a bounce code that we believe is due to an antispam system. This blocks us from mailing the lead for 24 hours. (Check the email suspended at timestamp; 24 hours after this time, the lead is available for emailing again.) Email suspended is not the same thing as marketing suspended. Email suspended is an automatic response to a spam block bounced message, while marketing suspended is a status that you set manually or through a campaign flow action.

"Marketing suspended" is not a status that Marketo will automatically change. If your leads are being set to marketing
suspended, they have been set that way through a campaign flow action. To find out, take one of your example leads in this state and click on their activity log. Find the point where the lead has a data value change for marketing suspended new value is true. It should tell you the campaign that made the change, and you can work with it from there. If you need further assistance, please contact support.

-----------------------------
 ... and to answer Michelle T, if I'm not mistaken, to de-suspend "marketing suspended leads, you have to change data value from is suspended TRUE to is suspended FALSE...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

I think you have to put them back in the flow (= create a campaign to de-suspend them)...
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Is there really an option to de-suspend? 
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

I have done a bit of digging to support what I'm saying. Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------
Autumn (Marketo employee) wrote here :

"Email suspended" is automatically set when email bounces to that lead with a bounce code that we believe is due to an antispam system. This blocks us from mailing the lead for 24 hours. (Check the email suspended at timestamp; 24 hours after this time, the lead is available for emailing again.) Email suspended is not the same thing as marketing suspended. Email suspended is an automatic response to a spam block bounced message, while marketing suspended is a status that you set manually or through a campaign flow action.

"Marketing suspended" is not a status that Marketo will automatically change. If your leads are being set to marketing
suspended, they have been set that way through a campaign flow action. To find out, take one of your example leads in this state and click on their activity log. Find the point where the lead has a data value change for marketing suspended new value is true. It should tell you the campaign that made the change, and you can work with it from there. If you need further assistance, please contact support.

-----------------------------
 ... and to answer Michelle T, if I'm not mistaken, to de-suspend "marketing suspended leads, you have to change data value from is suspended TRUE to is suspended FALSE...

Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Hi Cecile,

I'm glad you posted this.  Now I know what to do.  
Elizabeth_Bonin
Level 4

i saw in the lead's activity log they were marked marketing suspened. When I looked at the matching campaign that had a data flow step it doesn't have one that says to mark them marketing suspended.. so i'm not sure why this would have happened?