Re: Anyone using Perkuto's "all-in-one" Email 2.0 template?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Anyone using Perkuto's Allegro Email 2.0 template?

knak.io should tell you

Dan_Stevens_

It's hard to tell from their site - which is why I directed this to Pierce.  As you know, Knak's model is a little different.  You create the design/layout - per template - using their service and out spits a very specific template (not optional/selectable regions) for a specific layout.  Their model is one that hopes you'll use them each and every time a new template is needed, rather than a "use them once" service for an all-in-one template.  So I suspect the answer is "no", just wanted to give Pierce the opportunity to confirm.

Alexandre_Pelle
Level 3

Hi Dan, I invite you to test the Allegro template. If it does not work as you expect, I'll make sure to reimburse your purchase.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is Jason from knak...I can answer

We do have a 2.0 Master Template available, but we haven't added it to our app yet. If you are interested in a demo, please reach out to me @ jason@knak.io and I can walk you through what we have. Thanks!

Dan_Stevens_

Thanks Jason.  Will you or Pierce be at Summit next week?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pierce will be there...with the ELQ show going on at the same time, we've got to split up. I'll be in Vegas

Pierce_Ujjain18
Level 2

Hey Dan,

Good question. We do have a master 2.0 email template that is available in the Knak library now. Moving forward all of our templates will be 2.0 templates.

Our model is actually just about making it as simple and easy as possible for Marketers to make best-in-class Marketo email and landing page templates. And that's the reason over 40% of Marketo's customers use us. Although we offer a master template, we will still be releasing purpose built templates for specific situations that Marketers often run into (like confirmation, registration or newsletter emails).

I think a really good master 2.0 email template is a step in the right direction when it comes to flexibility of email creation. However, there are still lots of limitations of even the best master 2.0 template (which I think ours is). That is why we built a full-blown WYSIWYG email editor with a direct integration into Marketo. We call this Knak Pro and you can trial it for free in our app now. It provides maximum flexibility to Marketers who want total control. It's drag and drop to the next level. Would be curious to hear your feedback on it.

Cheers.

Natasha_Ness
Level 2

Hey Guys!

At our agency, LeadMD, we have a huge 2.0 template library we use for our clients. I'm a big advocate for 2.0, there are tons of great benefits that you are just missing out on if you haven't flipped the switch yet.

If you're exploring 2.0 templates and want to play with something outside of 'starter templates' from Marketo, here's one of our own templates, Artemis, that you can use for free.

http://my.leadmd.com/rs/230-YBS-585/images/Artemis_LeadMD_2dot0_Marketo-Template.html.zip

Couple things to keep in mind about 2.0.

• If you don't have it turned on yet, play with it turned on in a sandbox environment first if you're able to. We've had some clients find that turning 2.0 on has affected a small number of older legacy templates, so just word to the wise on that!
  • When you download the zip file and open the HTML file it will look a little nuts! Unlike 1.0, you will see some crazy bright colors in the Browser view of the HTML, but once you add it in as a template within Marketo you'll see it as it's intended to look, of course I'm sure you'll add your own branding flavors at the template level.
  • We also have a little 2.0 email checklist that you might find helpful: http://my.leadmd.com/rs/230-YBS-585/images/LeadMD_Email2.0_Checklist.pdf

Hit me up if you guys have any questions about the template or looking for anything else to beef up your own template libraries. Thanks!

Natasha Ness
Head of Experience & Design, Creative Director
natasha@leadmd.com
LeadMD