Anyone else have serious issues with updating images in the library?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else have serious issues with updating images in the library?

So totally frustrating, and I've been trying to work around this since we started using Marketo. Every time I want to sub out or swap an image in the library/landing page, it NEVER SHOWS UP correctly on the pages.  Even the preview in the library looks wrong, but when I am in the landing page editor and try to swap image, the correct image shows in THAT preview window - but then I still see the OLD image on the page!  I have tried different screen refreshes, and sometimes it works and other times not.  I gave up trying to "replace" the image in the library, so then started deleting the original file and uploading the new file (named exactly the same).  This isn't working either. It's still remembering the old image.
I've tried viewing in both IE adn CHROME. Neither works. It's like trying to work blindly and waiting until it decides to "kick in."  Anyone experience this, or found a solution??
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Anyone else have serious issues with updating images in the library?

Hey Meredith,

This is a browser-caching issue.  Next time you update an image, try pressing ctrl-f5 when viewing the image, and it should clear the old cached version of the image and update it to the new one.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried refreshing your browser? Also I have had issues where if the images are not saved to the same place, they do not always show up. I think there may be a delay in the image showing up in the library after upload or else the update to the viewer in the rich text editor.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, per my original post, I HAVE refreshed the browser several times (every time the issue occurs) and YES, I have done Ctrl F5 as well.... as I've said, this makes no difference. And I've also experienced this with several different browsers, so I do not think it's a browser issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where is your image hosted, inside Marketo or elsewhere? It could be a browser security issue.
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Erik,
I'm not sure how an image or file could be hosted anywhere BUT inside the Marketo library... But to answer your question, I'm uploading the image/file into the Marketo library.  If it's a brand new file with a different name, there's no issue. If I'm trying to replace an image with the same name (or delete old/upload new file with same name) then it's "remembering" the old image vs. inserting the new.