Anyone else get MAJOR delays on Wistia video sync to Marketo?

Shelly_Wilson
Level 3

Anyone else get MAJOR delays on Wistia video sync to Marketo?

Hi there. I ran a webinar on Tuesday and afterwards uploaded the video to Wistia and embedded it in our Wordpress. All working fine as normal. Today, Thursday, I'm trying to get the follow up email with the link to video out to attendees.

I've amended code in that email to include Wistia email embed so it'll track which leads watched video. Working fine.

But I also want to set up an ALERT for our sales team to notify them of any leads who watch 50% of more of the video. And when I create the campaign, add the 'Visits Web Page' trigger, and open the drop menu...the webinar video does not appear in the list of available Wistia videos to choose from. I've checked Launchpoint and the integration is still active there. 

Last time I ran in to this, I raised a query with Wistia because it had been 4 days and the video I needed wasn't visible in list. But before they came back with a solution it finally synced on 5th day. 

Anyone else had/have same problem and found a solution? That's WAY too long to wait for data to sync across

1 REPLY 1
Jonah_Silberg
Level 2

Re: Anyone else get MAJOR delays on Wistia video sync to Marketo?

Hi Shelly, Jonah here from team Wistia— thanks for posting this question! Here's steps that should clear things up for you:

• As you set the Visits Web Page trigger, change "is" to "contains"— that way you can proactively set the trigger via the standard naming convention we use. 
  • So here's what you'll add: Contains: Wistia Video - "<video name exactly as it appears in Wistia>" - 50 Percent Watched
  • This is basically the "set it and forget it" approach, rather than having to wait for the event to occur, which is what populates it in the dropdown. I.e. in the situation you described previously of it taking a few days to appear, most often that's because that event just hadn't yet occur. 

Hope that helps! Don't hesitate to drop us a line via support@wistia.com if you're still have any issues. 

Cheers,

Jonah