SOLVED

Re: Any solution: if Mytoken value is empty, not sending the email to that record?

Go to solution
Chintandoshi25
Level 2

Any solution: if Mytoken value is empty, not sending the email to that record?

Mytoken is used in the email content and sometime happens that Smart campaign qualifying the records but Mytoken with the empty value.

Thus, Email preview with the empty space.

Is there any way to check if the Mytoken value is empty, not sending the email to that record?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Any solution: if Mytoken value is empty, not sending the email to that record?

The only way to do this is using what I call a "poison pill" — deliberately throwing an error from VTL so the email will soft bounce. Not a technique I recommend until you have a bunch of Velocity experience.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

Are you talking about a Velocity {{my.token}}?

Chintandoshi25
Level 2

Yes
That Mytoken is used in the Email content.

SanfordWhiteman

The only way to do this is using what I call a "poison pill" — deliberately throwing an error from VTL so the email will soft bounce. Not a technique I recommend until you have a bunch of Velocity experience.