Re: Any explanation for Marketo APIs with real world example?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any explanation for Marketo APIs with real world example?

Hi,

I am a toddler in the world of Marketo. Can anyone make understand what the APIs do in Marketo? Can I get any real life example for it? This can really help me out.

Thank you.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The APIs in Marketo basically mimic all of the behavior found in the GUI.  You can do things like kick off campaigns, get activities or update lead records.  For a complete list please go to:  developer.marketo.com

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Our blog has a lot of examples: http://developers.marketo.com/blog/ ​ One specific one would be sending operational email:  http://developers.marketo.com/blog/sending-transactional-emails-with-the-marketo-rest-api-part-1/

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

What's your real question? Do you want to program the API or you don't get what to do with it?

The API is used to connect Marketo to other systems like your product or external database or another tool.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right now I do not need to develop API. I only need to know some basic concepts, like:

1. Are REST and SOAP APIs both used to do a single task in Marketo? or they are in 'Either .. or' option?

2. Do I really need to know the backend script for using these APIs?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You should be asking about real requirements. I don't really understand the nature of these questions.

1. A single task will be only done using a method from one API.  However, compound tasks can involve methods from both APIs.  Typically people try to use only the REST API for modern apps.
  2. Do you need to know a programming language?  Absolutely.