SOLVED

Re: Any Disadvantage of Guided Landing Page

Go to solution
浩之_田所1
Level 2

Any Disadvantage of Guided Landing Page

Hi Community!

I am thinking to create templates that is a guided landing page for the first time,

reproducing it on a basis of some of the templates released by Marketo.

I want to have some insights:

• Are there any disadvantages compared to the old type (free form type) that I should know in advance?
  • Should I created a page for unsubscribing by a guided LP?

Thank You in advance!

Tad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Courtney and Hiroshi,

It's funny because I remember talking a few month ago with Marketo product management, when we were Beta testing the mobile version of the free form templates. His view at that point was that Guided LP would only be used by a very limited number of Marketo users.

The reality is that after a few months, we now have moved all new template development to Guided and are also moving all customers using Free from to Guided when they renew they graphical guidelines.

As said earlier, we use webflow.com to produce our guided LP templates and it is very efficient. It produces a code that we can very easily and marginally update to make it Marketo compliant (mostly setting the attributes for variable and elements and updating URLs for images, css and js file to point to the Marketo file repository).

-Greg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Tad,

Guided LP's are far more complex to develop. It usually takes a responsive framework fo some sort. But starting from a template from the template library is a quick and nice shortcuts.

There also still a few limitations (such as the impossibility to add a bit of HTML code in the landing page).

Many wished improvements are listed here :

On the longer term, you may want to invest into a relationship with a developer or use a tool (we use webflow) or a template provider such a Knak.

Now, IMHO, the benefits are high :

• Far better handling of mobile platforms
  • Better control of what users are doing
  • Better enforcement of graphical guidelines

-Greg

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

I think the disadvantages of guided LPs are quite relative: if you're used to doing web design, guided LP templates are actually much more efficient for coding once you get familiar with the different types of elements and options you can use. This is particularly true for developing responsive LP templates (as doing this with free-form is kind of a nightmare.) If you're only interested in speed, ease of use (no coding required) and don't care whether the page is responsive, then free-form is the way to go.

I think something like an unsubscribe page should be mobile-friendly in particular, so I'd go with using guided LP templates. That being said, if you're not used to coding responsive sites I'd recommend using a tool like LayoutIt!, Bootply or Codeply (if you want to use other frontend frameworks) to quickly design something responsive.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Courtney and Hiroshi,

It's funny because I remember talking a few month ago with Marketo product management, when we were Beta testing the mobile version of the free form templates. His view at that point was that Guided LP would only be used by a very limited number of Marketo users.

The reality is that after a few months, we now have moved all new template development to Guided and are also moving all customers using Free from to Guided when they renew they graphical guidelines.

As said earlier, we use webflow.com to produce our guided LP templates and it is very efficient. It produces a code that we can very easily and marginally update to make it Marketo compliant (mostly setting the attributes for variable and elements and updating URLs for images, css and js file to point to the Marketo file repository).

-Greg

浩之_田所1
Level 2

Hi Greg

Thank you very much for the great advice.

We will try the service you let me know.

Thanks again!!!!

Tad

浩之_田所1
Level 2

Hi Courteny,

Thanks for your advice!

Yet  it seems the link you let me know couldn't work.

Would you please let me know it again??

Thanks!

Tad