Anonymous leads

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous leads

Hi Everyone, 

I have a doubt on Anonymous leads. 

How can i merge two different leads who have filled out single Marketo form from the same browser(same cookie).

Say,

1. One user visits our page on Jan 1

2. Later, on day 2(Jan 2), he filled out the form with the email id "abc@gmail.com"

3. After 15 days he visits our pages again and filled out another form with the email id "pqr@yahoo.com"

Now we know that the same user provided two different emails. My question is How can i merge these two leads in Marketo?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance,

Prabhu.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Kimi_Heskett1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: Anonymous leads

I would edit one of the duplicate records email addresses to match the other. Then I would go to the possible duplicates system smart list, sort ascending, find the two dupes, select them both and click the merge leads button. Then choose which information from each record you'd like to keep. 

However if this person again fills out a form with the other email address you are going to have a dupe lead again. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can always select both leads in any lead list view and Merge them. As Kimi notes, it'd be easier if they were part of the Possible Dupes list or a dupe list filter.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks,

In my understading, both of you saying that the emails can be merged only by manually.

So that the Marketo cannot identify that both the leads are from the single user. am i right?