Re: Anonymous Leads Report With Web Pages Visited

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous Leads Report With Web Pages Visited

Oh hey --

Does anyone know of a way to set up a trigger campaign or a scheduled report that allows for someone to view anonymous leads with inferred company and the web pages they're visiting?

So for example...

Company NamePages VisitedDate/Time
Company Adomain.com/xyzNovember 4, 2014 1:26PM
Company Bdomain.com/xxxNovember 4, 2014 1:26PM
Company Bdomain.com/xzzyNovember 4, 2014 1:26PM
Company Bdomain.com/xzyzeNovember 4, 2014 1:26PM
Company Bdomain.com/xyzNovember 4, 2014 1:26PM
Company Bdomain.com/xyzaNovember 4, 2014 1:26PM
Company Bdomain.com/xyzssNovember 4, 2014 1:26PM
Company Cdomain.com/xzyzfNovember 4, 2014 1:26PM
Company Cdomain.com/xyzNovember 4, 2014 1:26PM

I know that I can see on a single anonymous lead their web activity and we've been able to put together  a list of inferred companies and the number of pages they're visiting using the company web activity report.

However, what we're looking for is the ability to see detailed web activity by inferred company in one report. Wishful thinking?

Thanks for your help!

-Adam

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are also looking to do this. I set up a simple (and crude) ruby script to do this through the API, because we are also trying to filter on the Inferred Company name and narrow down all web traffic to potential prospects. However, I have found that the API call "Get Lead Activity" only pulls know leads and not Anonymous leads. We ideally would need both.

Obviously having the report functionality in Marketo, as Adam has requested, would be even better. I second the request.

Thanks,

Isaac

TJ_Perrin
Level 2

Ya! This is crazy that the API does not offer it up. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Adam, Isaac

There are two standard reports that could help: 'Web Page Activity' report and 'Company Web Activity' report.  What I normally do is:

1. Clone the standard reports, go to setup and select to include 'Anonymous Visitors (including ISPs)'

2. Select the time frame you need

3. Maybe exclude your own company domain/ employees from showing up in this report

4. Subscribe yourself and relevant colleagues to get this automatically sent to you weekly/monthly, etc.

The only drawback is that you need to create 2 sets of reports - one for Anonymous and one for Known. They also don't list the pages directly but you can drill down individually.

I hope this helps.

Mihaela B

Harish_Gupta6
Level 8

Hi Adam,

I usually do this by creating trigger smart campaign and adding the visit web page trigger and then in flow step, adding the lead to some xyz list. From xyz list, i can simply get the details of lead who has visited the abc web page. You can added the company filter also in trigger smart campaign.

Let me know if you need screen shot for the same.

Regards

Harish

Harish Gupta
TJ_Perrin
Level 2

I would be interested to see/hear more about this!

Thanks,

TJ