SOLVED

Re: Anonymous Activites not reporting when lead is known?

Go to solution
Jean-Pascal_Mer
Level 4

Anonymous Activites not reporting when lead is known?

Hi guys,

We've taken a hard look at our recent leads and discovered that, almost everytime, there was no history prior to the lead being known, except for visits on the same day.

It's highly suspicious that someone would get to know us & give us his contact information on Day 1, every single time. It doesn't match a B2B shopper behavior, where he would gather information and then comeback and ask to be contacted / give his info by downloading a piece of content.

Could it be that anoynmous data are not being reported at all since the end of the "Anonymous" filters?

Thanks

JP

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The cookie is being managed with the expected 2-year inactivity expiration, it's not happeniung automatically.

It's possible (though non-traditional!) that you could have code on www.sherweb.com that expires the cookie. It's a first-party cookie, so you could have a line of PHP that sends back a Set-Cookie header. I don't see any JS that's doing this, but I can't see your PHP.

I'll see if the cookie in one of my test browsers is still around in 24 hours.  If it's gone then you will have to look at your server code, just to chase down that possibility.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Take a look at the docs and posts on Anonymous changes. Anonymous data is tracked, but you cannot see it until the lead becomes Known, as you expected. So it's a bit odd you cannot see the data before lead was created.

Anonymous Lead Upgrades – Under The Hood

Are you sure your log view isn't blocking some of the activity?

If you check the Created At vs. Lead Was Created dates, do they always match?

I'd check with Support to confirm what's going on.

Jean-Pascal_Mer
Level 4

Hi Josh,

What do you mean by the log view? Filters in the Acitivity Log?

If so, I'm showing all activities. I see visits from the day the lead was known, but nothing prior this. For every single lead.

Which would mean we are really good at converting leads at first touch... That would make us the greatest marketing team ever!

Created At would be the day the cookie was dropped and Lead Was Created when he was known?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

The log view is the filter you may set when you are looking at the activity log;

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Please link to the page on which these conversions are happening.  Something tells me you have a "split cookie" situation.

Jean-Pascal_Mer
Level 4

http://www.sherweb.com

What's a split cookie situation?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jean-Pascal,

Check that you do not have a cookieanon:true setting in the munchkin code.

This deactivate the collection of anonymous activities and I think is the default on Marketo B2C edition.

-Greg

Jean-Pascal_Mer
Level 4

Verified and we don't have this in our Munchkin code. I'll keep digging but thanks for the suggestion!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jean-Pascal,

Please provide the URL of the LP and the site, so that we can look into how the code executes.

-Greg

Jean-Pascal_Mer
Level 4