Analytics on Social Fill and Prefill usage

Anonymous
Not applicable

Analytics on Social Fill and Prefill usage

I'm not finding any way to evaluate whether or not people use the Social Fill links off of our forms.  Additionally, I'm wondering about the impact or value of the Prefill functionality.

The reason I would like some empirical data around these features is that I am considering embedding form elements into our website.  If I do this, I lose prefill capability.  If I embed an entire form via an iframe, I then must deal with trying to make that function in a responsive way.

It would be nice to have some data to validate that prefill is increasing conversions or that people are using the social fill functionality.

Has anyone measured these things before?

Thanks,

Morgan
1 REPLY 1
Tara_Petre
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

Re: Analytics on Social Fill and Prefill usage

You can assess what leads were created via social form fill out by pulling a smart list using a "lead was created" filter, adding a constraint, source type = Social App.  However, there are some known bugs regarding the social form fill out that you should be aware of.  

If a lead elects to fill out the form using the social option, but abandons the form and doesn't click submit, they will still be added to the database.  Unfortunately, there is no record of the lead filling out the form and lead source, axquisition program, etc. are not written to as they would be had the lead submitted the form.  If you are dealing with international leads, this can be hazardous as it is a violation of CAN-SPAM laws.

Hope this helps!

Tara