Re: Analytics Reports on MQL's

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

Analytics Reports on MQL's

I am trying to find the best source of a report on MQL's for the month. I know that in Analytics there are many options (Leads by Month, Revenue Stage, Lifecycle, Status etc...) I also have a dashboard in RCE on the flow and all the stages. I feel like the MQL report is just not accurate.

When I look at the report in Analytics it gives me 10 MQL's. If I create a Smart List to find all MQL's for the month I get a different number. What is the best source to use for a report of how many MQL's came in for the month or are accruing through the month, why are they different numbers?

Smart List

pastedImage_0.png

MQL Reports via Analytics.

pastedImage_2.png

7 REPLIES 7
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The report you are pulling is MQLs right now. Not MQLs This Month.

so your smart list would be Revenue Stage (or Data) Value Was Changed from X to MQL.

RCE and the RCM report in Marketo do a much better job of historical tracking, which is what you want. But you need the RCM working properly. I see you are using a separate field, which is good, but RCE won't use that field in its Model Analysis report.

Also, if you delete records, these counts will change.

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

So If I use the smart list as listed below that will give me the number of MQL's within that date range? I will look deeper into the RCE and RCM but I need to have this as a subscription to see what is coming through for the month.

pastedImage_0.png

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

You can subscribe to Smart Lists (if you prefer to go that route).

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

Yes I have the subscription set which is why I am using the Smart List instead of the RCE

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Ah. For some reason, it sounded (to me) like you were trying to switch over to Analytics so you could set them up as a subscription.

Anonymous
Not applicable

One thing that we do that makes it a little easier to see which leads hit MQL in a certain month, regardless of current status or creation date, is stamping an MQL date using Change Data Value. It's part of a chain of campaigns that new MQLs run through, and then there are any number of ways to report on that field, including Smart List subscriptions.

Stamp MQL Date.png

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

I really like this way! Great thinking. I will try this out.