Re: Am I able to cap registrations

Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Anna, Marketo Professional Services also offers an "Event Cap" solution. It will redirect to an 'event full' or an 'wait list' page when the capacity has been reached. If interested, you can reach us at services at marketo dot com.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hey Jep - so if the solution exists, why doesn’t Marketo include it into the core product?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Hey Jep - so if the solution exists, why doesn’t Marketo include it into the core product?

Exactly... and P.S. does it work for embedded forms, one wonders.

Amy_Goldfine

I registered for an event recently that didn't automatically approve everyone. You filled out a form and got a confirmation that you'd requested registration, and that they'd let you know in 2 days if your registration was accepted. Then I got an email saying I was accepted, giving me more details and inviting me to actually register. So that's one way to do it. It will also allow you to review registrants and exclude junk submissions or other undesirable people.

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
SanfordWhiteman

Was that event the Marketo Summit?

And I dunno, even doing manual/offline approval still requires that you maintain a counter, it just adds additional criteria. (The 50th approved registrant still needs to cap regs.)

Amy_Goldfine

No it was a GDPR seminar. I'm not sure what their reasoning was for not accepting everyone. Then again, when we do roadshows, we always get a handful of students and other people who we would rather exclude!

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
Dan_Stevens_

Are you saying you registered for the Summit and your registration wasn‘t confirmed immediately?  Or even worse, you were denied?!

SanfordWhiteman

Are you saying you registered for the Summit and your registration wasn‘t confirmed immediately? Or even worse, you were denied?!

There was a form up -- maybe since replaced -- that was like, "We'll get back to you."

Dan_Stevens_

We use an event approval workflow for some of our highly targeted events. See the details in this thread: Re: Event Registration Cap

Anonymous
Not applicable

This old thread on the community provides multiple solutions for 'cap registrations'. We have done it several times. Marketo web hooks allow you to do it very easily.

https://nation.marketo.com/message/165442-re-form-submission-capping-registrations#comment-165442

You might find the following useful,

Marketo Magic: Automatically Cap Registrations For Any Marketo Form. Part - II | LinkedIn

Hope this helps..

Rajesh Talele