Not applicable

Am I able to cap registrations

How can I cap registrations for a training

19 REPLIES 19
Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Re: Am I able to cap registrations

Hey Anna,

We typically remove the form from the registration page and replace it with a message explaining that registration is full. There may be other/better ways to do this in an automated way.

Thanks!

Trevor

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Anna Schumacher​,

There is no out of the box functionality for this.  If its very important to cut it at a specific number you would need some type of third party integration and I think Sanford Whiteman​ might have a product that could do that.

Thanks,

Gerard

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Sanford Whiteman might have a product that could do that.

Indeedy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sanford,

I would be very interested in knowing what this product is if possible.

Thanks,

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Hi Macarena! If you follow me on Community, we can exchange info (we aren't allowed to link to email address or websites from Community posts).

Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

I would recommend voting on this VERY popular idea:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Keith,

This idea has been there since 2011, is there any way we can re-enter it to try to get MKTO's attention on it again?

Thanks,

Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It's been on and off the roadmap for years. I think the PMs have put this in the too hard basket seeing as there's a lot of third-party solutions out there. But please everyone keep voting on the idea. I raise this at every Summit in the roadmap Q&A session just to annoy the new breed of product managers. (Hi guys!)

Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

I had a client need to do this recently and we were able to come up with a not perfect, but workable solution for automating it.

We created two tokens: one for the current count of registrations, and one for the maximum count of registrations. Every time the form was submitted, +1 would be added to the count of registrations token value, and every time the page loaded, it would run a piece of script that looked at whether the count of registrations was the same as or greater than the maximum. If so, it would redirect to a waitlist page.

For many reasons, not a perfect solution, but if you've got some developer resource and the holes aren't too risky for you, it could work. For our clients use case - fairly low volume of traffic, mostly directed to internal staff - it was worth testing (I will note that the program hasn't yet run to completion so we don't have feedback yet on how well it worked and whether they'll use that solution again).