SOLVED

All of sudden, we now need to refresh, individually, the tabs of a lead record

Go to solution
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

All of sudden, we now need to refresh, individually, the tabs of a lead record

I've realized over the past week or so, that when viewing a lead record - which includes the following tabs:

pastedImage_0.png

...whenever we refresh either of these tabs/views, that it only refreshes the data in that tab.  So let's say we're doing some testing to make sure our fields are syncing properly between Marketo and CRM.  I keep an eye on the activity log and as soon as I see the data has come over, I now need to click on the appropriate tab, like "Lead Info", and then hit "refresh" once again to see those changes reflected.  Same goes for all of the other tabs.  In the past, refreshing anywhere within the lead record would refresh each and every one of the tabs so you can quickly navigate to each one, knowing you would be viewing the most up-to-date data. 

Is anyone seeing this behavior?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Re: All of sudden, we now need to refresh, individually, the tabs of a lead record

Hi Dan,

I believe the different tabs are cached, so an ordinary browser refresh doesn't necessarily do it - if you hit CTRL F5 to refresh and clear the cache as well, does that do the trick?

Grant

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Re: All of sudden, we now need to refresh, individually, the tabs of a lead record

Hi Dan,

I believe the different tabs are cached, so an ordinary browser refresh doesn't necessarily do it - if you hit CTRL F5 to refresh and clear the cache as well, does that do the trick?

Grant

Dan_Stevens_

Hi Grant - all I know is that when I would refresh in the past, all tabs got refreshed.  What makes it even more confusing is if i'm on any tab other than the first "Custom" tab (like the "Activity Log" tab), when I hit refresh, I'm taken back to the "Custom" tab.  It doesn't even stay on the tab that I refreshed.

Dan_Stevens_

CTRL-F5 seemed to do the trick, Grant.  Thanks. 

Grant_Booth
Level 10

Good to hear! If you arrive at the activity log view the results of a campaign, if I remember right it adds a "panel=activity" parameter or something like that to the URL, and refreshing would keep you at the Activity Log. Otherwise it will always return you to the left-most tab. Since the tabs aren't actually new locations, but just different content loaded via script, without a parameter to say which tab you're on it will forget when you refresh.