SOLVED

Alerts vs Subscriptions (No Sales Insights)

Go to solution
Julie_Gederos
Level 2

Alerts vs Subscriptions (No Sales Insights)

Help from a new Marketo user. My sales team wants a daily email that includes a report of their prospects who opened an email the previous day. They also want to know which email was opened regardless of the send date and sender (i.e. there are other departments that use our workspace).  I created a smart list and a subscription, but it does not include a description of which email was opened. We do not have Sales Insights. Is this type of subscription or report possible? TYIA!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Re: Alerts vs Subscriptions (No Sales Insights)

Hi, 

You can create a custom field say Last Sent Email, then create a trigger campaign to update Last Sent Email

SL: Was Delivered Email is ANY

Flow: Change data value: Last Sent Email = trigger.campaign

Now use Last Sent email in your smart list view which you have set to subscribe your sales team. 

Hope this works for you! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Hi, 

You can create a custom field say Last Sent Email, then create a trigger campaign to update Last Sent Email

SL: Was Delivered Email is ANY

Flow: Change data value: Last Sent Email = trigger.campaign

Now use Last Sent email in your smart list view which you have set to subscribe your sales team. 

Hope this works for you! 

Julie_Gederos
Level 2

What a smart solution! I will give that a try. Thank you! 

Julie_Gederos
Level 2

I didn't make it very far. I created a custom field (Last Sent Email) and a Smart List (Was Delivered Email is ANY).

Is a Smart Campaign the same as Trigger Campaign? If yes, I created a Smart Campaign with the following:

• Member of Smart List = Was Delivered Email
  • Flow = Change Data Value (Attribute = Last Sent Email) and (New Value = ???)

I can't figure out how to make the New Value = Last Sent Email. 

Thanks again!!

MGO.png

Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Julie,

This is how the campaign should look;

• Smart list:
    • (Trigger) Email is Delivered. (FYI, If you would want to backfill this field you may need to use filter was delivered email)
  • Flow Step: Change Data Value > 
    • Attribute: Last Sent Email
    • New Value = {{trigger.name}}