SOLVED

Re: Alert and Confirmation Email from Same form

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alert and Confirmation Email from Same form

I'm having a little trouble with a partner referral form.

The form contains: Name, Email, Street, etc. plus Referrer Name, Referrer Email.

On form fill, I need to send an alert email to sales, which is no problem. But how do I send a thank you email to the "referrer email" instead of "email"?

Thank you

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Adam,
After some digging around, that looks like the best way to do it. That is how we send referral thank you emails here at Marketo.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My workaround was to: on form fill, send "Thank You" alert to {{lead.Referrer: Email Address}}. Seems like there should be a better way....
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Adam,
After some digging around, that looks like the best way to do it. That is how we send referral thank you emails here at Marketo.
Elliott_Lowe1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Rick Siegfried​ we're using a pURL (with Munchkin disabled) for each partner to access the referral form LP and we set Referrer ID and Referrer:Email Address hidden field values using tokens.  However, after the lead is submitted, the aliId changes to that of the newly created lead, so a follow on page or subsequent form submission (if Form is set to stay on LP) the Referrer ID and Referrer:Email Address token will no longer reference the referrer's lead record and will instead reference the new lead's record.  Is there a way to clear off the aliId or some other setting that won't reference the referred lead record using the Stay on Page option? 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Clearing the aliId is simple, but even better, just intercept the onSuccess and truly stay on the page:

form.onSuccess(function(vals,tyURL){

return false;

});