Re: Alert Email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Alert Email

I created a smart campaign for a form on our webpage. In the flow I set up 1. to add to list and 2. send alert to my email.

Someone has filled out the form, but it was only added to the list, and I didnt receive the alert email.

Does anyone know why only 1 is working in the flow and not 2?

Tags (1)
11 REPLIES 11
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Colleen,

What may be happening is that you've put a custom email address into the second field in the flow step.  This field can only accept 3 values, "None" "Lead Owner" and "Account Owner"  If you would like the alert to be sent to a custom email address, you'll need to put it into the "To Other Emails" field.  Other than that, it might be helpful if you added an image of the Send Alert step as you have it set up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kenny is right. Another reason could be the email itself. You might be using tokens in the from/repley-to address, but if the token is not populated, you have no sender, which will lead to a bounce and you not receiving the email. Another reason could be that the email is blocked by your companies mail server (for diverse reasons).
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Sorry i didn't clarify- i did put my email address in the "other email field".......

I'm thinking it has to do with the email itself... All the tokens I used in the email were fields from the form.. What do you mean by the fields weren't populated????

This is the email:

{{lead.First Name:default=edit me}}

{{lead.Last Name:default=edit me}}

{{company.Company Name:default=edit me}}

Thanks for your help..

{{lead.Job Title:default=edit me}}}

{{lead.Phone Number:default=edit me}}

{{lead.Email Address:default=edit me}}
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Colleen,

What's in the top part? (e.g. subjectline, from, reply-to, from name). I once had issue with using a token for the 'from' address. And somehow it didn't get populated.

KR,
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I got it to work. Thank you!!

Also, is there a way I can just send the alert to specific emails, and not the lead owner/account owner?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd also like to know how to send an alert to just the other email and NOT the the lead owner.

Anonymous
Not applicable

For the Alert, choose "None" in the list of "Lead Owner, Account Owner, None". Below it says Other. Here you can add email addresses, separated with commas.

0EM50000000RR0A.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well perhaps I need to launch a support ticket.  I have a VERY simple trigger that sends an email after someone fills out a form and it is not working.  Am I missing something?

0EM50000000RR26.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nichole, Please carefully check to following first:
1. Is the trigger activated?
2. There's a big chance the trigger is set to run through only once. Thus testing multiple times won't have an effect.
3. Check if the "To Other Emails" address is valid
4. Check if the "To Other Emails" address is not marking the notifications as SPAM.
5. Check the actual notification email assets to check the from address, reply-to address, and from name. The reply-to and from address should be the same to prevent SPAM marks. And these of course need to valid addresses.