SOLVED

Alert Email for Contract Renewal

Go to solution
Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

Alert Email for Contract Renewal

Hi All,

I am trying to send an email, through marketo, to alert the account owner that the contract renewal date (an account field) is 90 days away. I couldn't find a trigger to work for this. I can send alerts through salesforce, but marketo is much prettier and  houses all other email alerts at the moment. (So, I'd rather go through marketo.) Any ideas on what trigger to use?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Alert Email for Contract Renewal

Hi Amanda, I'm assuming that you have a date field for the contract renewal. You can run a daily batch campaign that looks for contacts where the renewal date is in the next 90 days. Then make it so that a person can only flow through once/year, or once every 6 months or similar so they won't be captured every day for the 90 days where their contract end date is in the future 90 days.

pastedImage_0.png

The only downside to this, is that an account manager will receive an alert for every person at a named company. So if xyz company has 300 contacts, then there are 300 people who will automatically become eligible for this campaign and the alert email will be sent to the account manager for everyone. It might make more sense to have this as a subscribed smart list, or take it out of Marketo although it isn't as pretty.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Amanda, I'm assuming that you have a date field for the contract renewal. You can run a daily batch campaign that looks for contacts where the renewal date is in the next 90 days. Then make it so that a person can only flow through once/year, or once every 6 months or similar so they won't be captured every day for the 90 days where their contract end date is in the future 90 days.

pastedImage_0.png

The only downside to this, is that an account manager will receive an alert for every person at a named company. So if xyz company has 300 contacts, then there are 300 people who will automatically become eligible for this campaign and the alert email will be sent to the account manager for everyone. It might make more sense to have this as a subscribed smart list, or take it out of Marketo although it isn't as pretty.

Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

Dory Viscogliosi  We put a field under the contact "Main Financial Contact" that is checked. Then we just have a salesforce email alert for the reps.

We're now trying to email the Financial contacts 90 days and 60 days prior to their Contract Renewal Date. We used in future 90 days, but it's pulling everyone within 90 days, and not everyone 90 days from today. Do you know how to do 90 days from today?