Re: Alert Deliverability Problem

Jean-Pascal_Mer
Level 4

Alert Deliverability Problem

Hi guys,

We send a lot of alerts to our CRM, in different queues. We notice that, sometimes, Marketo's alert just doesn't get delivered. This is a problem as these alerts are important to our sales efforts.

I've contacted Marketo support on this and they said that if Marketo's log said it was delivered, it was delivered. But that they had no way to check individual alert to confirm this.

I've went numerous times to different of our IT admins and they can find individual emails. When I give them those that didn't reach our mailbox, they say they never hit our servers.

Anyone has had problem with Alert deliverability? Any best practices to ensure the best deliverability rate possible?

Thanks,

JP

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, there are steps you can take. However, if Salespeople send those emails to junk, it trains the server to reject such messages.

• whitelist marketo IPs
  • whitelist the email box you send from for these alerts by putting it in the universal contact list (IT does this)
  • DKIM/SPF setup
  • Make sure the Email From/Address and Subject are clear and compelling for Sales.

Now, go run an email preference report just on any email that has "Sales Alert" in the name (I assume you are doing this consistently) to see the real delivery rate.

Are you sending to specific email boxes? You cannot send to Lead Owner on a Q from Marketo, so you have to choose None and send the email. Also, you cannot set a Task+Email on Queue owned Leads.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

On top of Josh's recommendation, may be try to limit the number of alerts and replace them some how with SFDC tasks if you use SFDC.

-Greg

Jean-Pascal_Mer
Level 4

Sadly, no, we use Dynamics CRM.

Jean-Pascal_Mer
Level 4

Hi Josh,

We've already white listed IPs & the mailbox, did the DKIM setup.

Sales doesn't access the mailbox, it's created automatically in Dynamics CRM, so they can't put it in "Junk".

We're also sending to specific mailbox. It looks like we've really put ourselves in a position to ensure maximum deliverability. I guess we'll have to live with it until our CRM integrator builds a custom solution that fits.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Then, vote here:

-Greg

Jean-Pascal_Mer
Level 4

I did a while back.