SOLVED

Re: After a person clicks a link in an email (link is not a MKTO LP), how do I pass their email address through to the external page's form?

Go to solution
Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

After a person clicks a link in an email (link is not a MKTO LP), how do I pass their email address through to the external page's form?

Here's the scenario:

A person clicks a link in an email, which leads them to a non-marketo landing page form. We want the person's email address to pre-populate the non-marketing landing page's form field "Email Address".

Is there documentation on this or do you have any tips?

Thank you

Danielle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: After a person clicks a link in an email (link is not a MKTO LP), how do I pass their email address through to the external page's form?

Not much to document... simply include the {{lead.Email Address}} token as a query param (?email={{lead.Email Address}}) and tell the form to look for it! Treat it as you would a UTM param.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Not much to document... simply include the {{lead.Email Address}} token as a query param (?email={{lead.Email Address}}) and tell the form to look for it! Treat it as you would a UTM param.

Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Thanks for the info, Sanford! I just wanted to make sure nothing was different if we are linking them to a non-marketo LP. Thanks for confirming!!!