SOLVED

Adwords Tracking?

Go to solution
Keith_Appleby
Level 1

Adwords Tracking?

How / Where do I add Google Ads Conversion Tracking Code? 

And, similarly for Google Analytics code for *every* landing page? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_T_Fletche
Level 2

Re: Adwords Tracking?

Hi Keith,

Design Studio > Landing Pages > Templates > Your template name > right click and select edit draft > and paste your code between <head> tags. Once you've done that Template actions > Approve and close.

Remember you'll need to approve any landing pages under Marketing Activities for it to take effect.

I would say if you don't know how to do that maybe seek some advice just for the avoidance of doubt.

Adobe Certified Marketo Master @ JTF Marketing

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
James_T_Fletche
Level 2

Hi Keith,

You should add it to the landing page, my recommendation is use a Google Tag Manager as it'll be easier to control. Why? Because when you have an approved template and you make a change to it, it will create a draft of every landing page that uses the template and for the updated code to take effect you will need to approve each one.

Let me know if you need more help.

Cheers, J.
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

James, per Community Guidelines links to your own site/ads for your services aren't allowed.

Keith_Appleby
Level 1

"You should add it to the landing page". This is precisely my question. How do I add it to the lancing page? 

James_T_Fletche
Level 2

Hi Keith,

Design Studio > Landing Pages > Templates > Your template name > right click and select edit draft > and paste your code between <head> tags. Once you've done that Template actions > Approve and close.

Remember you'll need to approve any landing pages under Marketing Activities for it to take effect.

I would say if you don't know how to do that maybe seek some advice just for the avoidance of doubt.

Keith_Appleby
Level 1

Thank you. I also seem to have just switched over to Marketo Sky and this has a much more intuitive interface. 

SanfordWhiteman

I recommend always wrapping analytics behaviors like this in a Boolean (mktoBoolean) switch, defaulting to true, so it's possible for the owner of a particular page to turn it off.

No matter how strongly people insist that "Every page will always have <fill in feature>" there are always exceptions over time, so build for those exceptions from the beginning.

For example, in your template <head>:

<meta class="mktoBoolean" name="Enable Google Analytics Pageview" id="enableGAPage" true_value="true" false_value="false" default="true">

Then, where you would otherwise be firing the tracking script for all pageviews, instead add it conditionally, only if the enableGAPage variable is true.

if ( ${enableGAPage} /* enableGAPage */ ) {
// the tracking JS goes here
}‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍
SanfordWhiteman

Also, just realized this thread is not at all in the right space for community (peer-to-peer) support.

Please move the thread to Products‌. Move link will be at the right.