Re: Advice on Best Practices - Forms

Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice on Best Practices - Forms

Happy Friday everyone!

I just wanted to get some general advice and get a sense of what others are doing with forms.

Currently in my org, we have general forms that are used for multiple applications (content download, event registration, contact-us). I'm running across some issues with tracking these and was thinking that we may want to switch to individual/distinct forms for each channel - and maybe even campaign... I'm really limited on who I can consult with about this internally, so any suggestions will be highly welcomed/appreciated.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Perry1
Level 7

Here is a pretty useful guide: Marketo Lead Source Guide

Rather than creating a new form for each channel or campaign, I would create 1 form for each main type of content. For example, you would have a demo, white paper, webinar form.

I would then use hidden fields and use url parameters to track source info. Does that make sense?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh! That's pretty close to what I have - we use standard forms and use Lead Source values to help with the smart campaigns. Guess I was thinking that I could do away with the lead-source values if I made forms local to programs... I just went through a HUGE lead-source clean up program. With so many existing flows dependent on lead source related values, things got a bit dicey.

I guess I'm a fan of simplifying as much as possible - have a trigger depend on the least number of variables/values possible...

Josh_Perry1
Level 7

I agree. It is all about simplifying things.