Advice for or Experience with Microsoft On-Prem Dynamics 2011 Integration

Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice for or Experience with Microsoft On-Prem Dynamics 2011 Integration

We changed from Sage SalesLogix CRM to Microsoft Dyanimics 2011 (On-Prem) earlier this year, but have not yet integrated our Marketo instance. IT has been focused on other more business critical issues, as we have many systems that need integration just to run our day to day operations.

Does any one have experience with, or advice for this specific integration? A lot of what we've seen in documentation speaks to the online and/or 2013 version of Dynamics.

Any 2011 On-Prem advice, tips, tools, etc. anyone could share would be great. And/or if you'd be willing to let our IT team speak with you to learn more, even better. I know each case is different, but they are really looking to better understand how much of the native integration will work, vs. how much customization (and then ongoing support) would be needed.

Thanks in advance!
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice for or Experience with Microsoft On-Prem Dynamics 2011 Integration

Heather,
We just implemented Marketo with our 2011 CRM. It went pretty smoothly however, I will warn you there are some differences between how CRM syncs with Marketo. The language in CRM uses four different categories lead, opportunity, account and contact wherease Marketo used all language as lead. This can be confusing at times so I recommend setting up segmentation lists. 

Also if you have a lot of custom fields in CRM some can come across in Marketo as duplicates so make a list of  your CRM field names.

Staci
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: Advice for or Experience with Microsoft On-Prem Dynamics 2011 Integration

Hey Heather,

The most important thing to make sure of prior to establish the integration is ensuring that your IT team has set up and vetted your ADFS and IFD configurations so that Marketo can access your CRM.  I'd also recommend ensuring that you had a good grasp on which fields from CRM you require in Marketo, and to enable those during the initial sync.