SOLVED

Re: Advanced filter options

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advanced filter options

I'm sending a series of 3 emails, and need to add anyone who opened at least 2 of these 3 to a SFDC campaign. 
I've entered the campaign flow as "opens email 1" AND "opens email 2" as the trigger, but just found out that Marketo didn't understand that I meant 1 + 2, instead of either one (only email 1 went out and I already have people on the 1+2 campaign).

Can someone please help me figure out how I can set up the filters so I can only see people who opened a combination of 2 emails?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Evelyn, the advanced filters will only apply to the actual filters -- not triggers. Since there's only one filter in play here (unless you've added others, which it sounds like you haven't), it will correctly default to use all filters. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Evelyn, triggers can all run independently of each other, and the only time AND/OR statements will apply is in the filters.

That said, you could create a smart list with the following:

Trigger: Opens email: email #2 
Trigger: Opens email: email #3
Filter: Opened email: email #1 

This will say that if someone opens email 2 or 3, and they opened email 1, they can move on to your flow steps. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Dory!  For some reason, Marketo isn't giving me the option to use advanced filters - they show up lighter than the "All" and "Any" options... Do you know why this happens?
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Evelyn, the advanced filters will only apply to the actual filters -- not triggers. Since there's only one filter in play here (unless you've added others, which it sounds like you haven't), it will correctly default to use all filters.