SOLVED

Re: Advanced Engagement Program Template - Skip Status?

Go to solution
Sam_Graim
Level 2

Advanced Engagement Program Template - Skip Status?

I'm basing a program on this imported template: BP-NUR Advanced Drip Nurture v3

Inside each of the nested programs is a smart campaign called "00 - Skip Email", which I'm guessing is a way to prevent users who have already downloaded that content from receiving an email about said content and move them on to the next cast:

Sam_Graim_0-1585608816320.png

However, the only action in the flow is to Change Program Status to "Nurture Email > Skip":

Sam_Graim_1-1585608864135.png

I don't see this referenced anywhere in the actual "01 - Send Email" criteria or in the flow to prevent people with this status from being sent the email:

Sam_Graim_2-1585608938904.png

Sam_Graim_3-1585608951422.png

Am I correct in assuming that this initial program that simply changes the status is as useless as Radioctive Man's goggles without any filter in the flow or smart list in the actual send program?

Sam_Graim_5-1585609124584.png

Thanks in advance for any advice.

-Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Well hi there, Radioactive Sam!

Up and atom. So, I downloaded the same nurture program and had a look. The channel type of that email sub-program is "Nurture Email", and "Skip" is a status. I believe that by having that status, a person is considered a "member" of that program, which in turn blocks the email.

As per my article here: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Product-Blogs/Building-an-advanced-email-queue-with-Marketo-Engagement... making someone a member of a sub-program means that when it's cast, those people are skipped. 

Jimminy jillikers!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Phillip_Wild
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Well hi there, Radioactive Sam!

Up and atom. So, I downloaded the same nurture program and had a look. The channel type of that email sub-program is "Nurture Email", and "Skip" is a status. I believe that by having that status, a person is considered a "member" of that program, which in turn blocks the email.

As per my article here: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Product-Blogs/Building-an-advanced-email-queue-with-Marketo-Engagement... making someone a member of a sub-program means that when it's cast, those people are skipped. 

Jimminy jillikers!

Sam_Graim
Level 2

POWW! ZIFF! ZAPP!

@Phillip_Wild, that does make sense in a weird Marketo sort of way. Thanks for taking the time to investigate further.

Until next time Fallout Boy,

Radioactive Sam