Re: Adobe Edge / HTML5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adobe Edge / HTML5

Has anyone used the WYSIWYG HTML5 software Adobe Edge to create a custome landing page?

I'm envisioning a slide show style Top 5 list or something of that nature. I'm a print designer and not a coder, Adobe's latest tools allow for visual creation which is great but I'm trying to find the best way to put it to use.

Any thoughts?   THANKS!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authoring tools in general tend to add unnecessary tags, occasionally taking detours from widely adopted standards. That is not fundamentally wrong. Design Studio accepts any code. The rendering on the client side may produce few surprises.

Copy/paste between authoring tools and Design Studio is easy. The troubles are often hard to fix.

My suggestion is simple: start with a blank landing page template: Design Studio - New - New Landing Page Template
Save and approve without any changes. That will ensure the essential page definitions are in place.

Defining the landing page itself requires few minutes and attention to details. Start with Design Studio - New - New Landing Page. Select the template approved in the previous step.

Page meta tags are placed on Landing Page Actions (top right corner) - Edit Page Meta Tags - Custom Head HTML
Copy/paste the meta tags.

A HTML block page element would have the cascading style sheets (CSS, defined within style tags).
Another block for JavaScripts if present.

Landing page contents. Copy everything within the opening and closing body tags and add to anothet HTML block page element or click the HTML button in the toolbar to paste the HTML into the code area.

That process ensures the tracking works as intended, the contents are editable and simple to maintain.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you... this is a little bit beyond my understanding of code.  I was under the impression that I could copy and paste the code created by Adobe Edge into an HTML block on a blank landing page. It sounds a bit more involved than that.
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Marketo accepts any HTML code that we write in Dreamweaver or Adobe Edge. However, even if the landing page appears correctly in browsers, it may not render properly when you paste the code in Marketo Design Studio. The best practice is to create the landing page in Design Studio itself by dragging and dropping each element of the landing page. This should be easy for simple pages but if you have a complex landing page, my team can surely assist you in fixing this up. You can connect with me at alok@grazitti.com.