Re: Administration is the key(bunch)

Vikram_Ramesh
Marketo Employee

A big shout out to all of you who have replied to my post with your suggestions and asks.

Apologies that I haven't been active much on the community for past couple of days. 

Going forward, I would like to interact with you, based on your availability, to learn more.

Please do keep those suggestions coming in. :+1: 

Regards,

Vikram R

Vikram Ramesh
Erica_Harris2
Level 3

Field Management is the area I use the most, and the one that causes the most frustration over the 10 years I've been a Marketo admin. Agree with comments made above about Field Management. It is terribly klunky.  I would like to be able to:

• rename fields in use without having to remove references
  • delete instead of hide fields
  • sort by asset type in the Used By list
  •  have clickable links in the Used By list.  It is so frustrating when tracking use of a field to have to search asset by asset! And when you try to copy and paste, you often click by mistake if you place your cursor in the wrong place by a pixel.
  • be able to export the Used by list with links in the export, so that you can do some audit reporting.

Audit Trail appears worse than useless.  I have never been able to get sufficient info about who did what when we've had an issue. 

Permissions could be more granular. Folder permission would be immensely useful, as not everyone wants to use Workspaces (or has it in their subscription).

Regards,

Erica

Meg_Stout
Level 2

Yes to folder permissions! That would be extremely useful. I think Marketo Sky will have this?

Vikram_Ramesh
Marketo Employee

Configuring folder permissions isn't planned as far as I know in Sky. That'd a great add to the feature list. Thanks for bringing that up

Regards,

Vikram R

Vikram Ramesh
Vikram_Ramesh
Marketo Employee

Field Management and Audit Trail seems to be the top 2 areas which could use some elbow grease. And those are some great suggestions on Field Management, thank you for those

on Audit trail, I hear you. Please do let me know on how to get in touch with you. I would like to learn more. 

Regards,

Vikram R

Vikram Ramesh
ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I didn't read previous comments so I could give an unbiased point of view. Sorry if I'm repeating everyone else!

What according to you is the single most disliked feature of admin?

Users and roles. There isn't enough rigor here - why can't I control what folders people have access to or get more granular? Some of it isn't clear (ex: Access Design Studio -> edit email. I've had jr. admins ask me if that means someone can edit in Marketing Activities but not Design Studio, which is a fair question).

What is the most used functionality of admin for you?

Field management!

Are there any commonly used workarounds which you'd like admin to cater for?

Better search via Audit Trail. Right now I export someone's audit trail to use "find" functionality so I can search across asset name, parent name, etc. It would be nice to have an integrated search option so I don't have to export to do this.

If we were to provide an export feature of configurations, what details would you like in that "data take-out"

FIELD MANAGEMENT EXPORT - I want to see if the field is connected to my CRM, if it's in use in any smart list or smart campaign (and possibly a list of which ones?). I'm going through hundreds of fields right now to clean up SFDC and it's the most painful experience. At least make this possible via an API.

Vikram_Ramesh
Marketo Employee

Great inputs Christina Zuniga‌. More inputs, the merrier . It'll certainly help me strengthen the case for the feature enhancement. 

on Users and Roles, would love to hear more on the granularity part. Indeed, the permissions could use the fresh take.

also agreed on Audit Trail could use the Parent name for the asset as one of the filters. 
on the Field Management, I need your help on identifying the specifics of the export. Probably this can be achieved in a short amount of time.

Please let me know the best means to reach you for a discussion on the features mentioned above.

Regards,

Vikram R  

email: Vikram.ramesh@adobe.com

phone: +91 988 607 4356

Vikram Ramesh
Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

- Developers require Admin access to access the Custom Objects/Custom Activities consoles. Ideally, this wouldn't be necessary. 

Vikram_Ramesh
Marketo Employee

hello Nicholas Manojlovic‌,

are you suggesting that there needs to be an export of this information or extending the access to other users on the same page?Just trying to understand and then check for its feasibility here.

Regards,

Vikram R

email: Vikram.ramesh@adobe.com

phone: +91 988 607 4356

Vikram Ramesh
Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Hi Vikram - turns out my suggestion is on the 'we already have it!' list. I was unaware we could create a user role with defined Admin privileges.