Addressing SFDC Leads and Contacts in the same smart campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Addressing SFDC Leads and Contacts in the same smart campaign

I am running a webinar where we are using our gotowebinar integration and we have invited our potential winbacks (previous customers) and prospects to attend.

Prospects = leads

Potential winbacks = Contacts with opportunities (I use the has opportunity constrain for these leads)

I have created a smart campaign with actions that would change data values for the SFDC lead but I'm concerned about my contacts, what will happen to the contacts associated with that campaign? Should I create a separate smart campaign for contacts? Has anyone done with successfully with a gotowebinar integration? Will my contacts still be registered if I have 2 campaigns set up for the same webinar?

3 REPLIES 3
Roxann_McGlump1
Community Manager

Re: Addressing SFDC Leads and Contacts in the same smart campaign

Hi Sarah,

Marketo doesn't distinguish between leads and contacts internally, so if you are changing data values for Marketo leads, those leads can be Leads or Contacts on the SFDC side and it shouldn't matter, provided that Marketo has the necessary permissions to update both objects in SFDC.  You should only need one Smart Campaign to register both SFDC Leads and Contacts for your webinar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Roxanne, thanks! These are custom fields. What if the field doesn't exist on the contact but it does exist on the lead in salesforce? What will happen to the contact when the field doesn't exist?

Roxann_McGlump1
Community Manager

Hello Sarah,

If the field does not exist on the Contact object, then the field update in Marketo will not be synced to the Contact's record in Salesforce. It will only be synced to Lead records.