Adding to the calendar

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding to the calendar

I'm new to Marketo and have been trying to figure out the calendar feature, but have not been successful yet. I realized that I needed access to it, and that is done. However, when I looked up how to add/edit directly to the calendar I don't get the "Basic Entry" option at all. I'm clicking all over the screen and....nothing. Can someone help?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding to the calendar

Hey Dawn,
There are two ways to add entries to the Calendar.

The first is by using the Program Schedule of any program in Marketo. Once there, you can left click on the day you want to create the entry to create a new one.

The second is a new feature that came out last Friday and allows creation of entries via the Global Calendar. This feature is called Program Focus. Information and instructinos here: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LPFQCA4

Best,
Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Will,
I'm sorry, but I'm still having issues. I do not have the ability to create a basic entry no matter what I do. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I'm not understanding the purpose of the calendar. Are you only able to create entries that are tied to scheduled deployments?
Anonymous
Not applicable

A program needs to be created first, in Marketing Activities. Then you can select it in your calendar view and use Program Focus. I don't find the calendar to be very useful. It's just not a great implementation of a calendar.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kelly, thanks for ythe honesty!  ðŸ™‚