SOLVED

Adding templates into Marketo

Go to solution
Bou_Xiong
Level 2

Adding templates into Marketo

Hello, I'm new to Marketo and was hoping to find some answer to my questions.
Veiwing some of the course and I still haven't found my answers.

Since I'm a web designer and work differently with HTML emails and landing pages.

What are the steps to uploading a email or landing page template into Marketo?
Once the template is uploaded, are we able to make editeds to the HTML code?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding templates into Marketo

The Creating a New Landing Page Template and Working with Marketo Email Templates help articles are a great place to start learning about creating and using templates. 

Marketo templates let you edit the HTML and define of editable divs where your users can enter copy, images, etc.  You can subsequently update the templates and it will automatically update all of the emails and landing pages upon which they are based - all you have to do is approve the resulting new draft that is created for each.

Once you've created a new email or landing page based on
a template, you can modify the underlying HTML of that email or landing page, but that will break the connnection to the template. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bou,
I would recommend watching this master Webinar on setting up templates before you upload it directly. There are some pieces of JS that need to be included for the Marketo pieces to work.

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L5L3CAK

I was able to skip to the 2nd or 3rd step since I work in design as well, but I would recommend watching the first minute or 2 of each so you confirm you know what he would cover.

~Jaime
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Creating a New Landing Page Template and Working with Marketo Email Templates help articles are a great place to start learning about creating and using templates. 

Marketo templates let you edit the HTML and define of editable divs where your users can enter copy, images, etc.  You can subsequently update the templates and it will automatically update all of the emails and landing pages upon which they are based - all you have to do is approve the resulting new draft that is created for each.

Once you've created a new email or landing page based on
a template, you can modify the underlying HTML of that email or landing page, but that will break the connnection to the template.