Re: Adding or removing Program/SFDC Campaign Statuses Based on Active or Closed Campaign Status

Jesse_Fernandez
Level 1

Adding or removing Program/SFDC Campaign Statuses Based on Active or Closed Campaign Status

Hello,

I would like to present a few scenarios to see if others have dealt with this:

1. We want Marketo to control the leads or contacts that sync to a SFDC campaign based on their program progression value--typical. However, on the opposite side of the spectrum, we want our sales team to have a level of control in the event that they want to remove a contact member of that campaign members...so that the marketing department is informed with the latest (and most up to date) segmentation sales approved for use on subsequent sends. If they are removed from the campaign by sales, it tells marketing that the contact should not be communicated to as it pertains to this campaign.

2. With giving the sales team the ability to remove members from the campaign, the marketing team wants to implement a cutoff period so that changes (by sales) does not occur during or after the deployment of a send associated with the campaign. We thought about added two program/campaign values called "active" and "closed" to indicate when sales can conduct those changes, the only issue is that a lead/contact needs to be associated with the campaign in order for that to work. Any ideas of how this could work?

- Jesse
3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Johnson
Level 5

Re: Adding or removing Program/SFDC Campaign Statuses Based on Active or Closed Campaign Status

Jesse,

In my opinion, you'd want to keep everyone in the campaign. Rather, I would have sales change the campaign member status if you're insistent they mess around with the campaign object. In our instance, we have added many custom campaign member statuses.

I'd like to better understand why you are wanting to update the campaign member rather than the lead/contact/opp object?

Gunjan_Batra1
Level 4

I agree with Paul. You should use campaign member status for this workflow.

Create a trigger or batch campaign to remove people/ pause people from Marketo send flow if SFDC campaign status = Pause/Remove

If you want to reactivate the send after some time, you can create another unpause campaign .

If you are using engagement programs then, you can pause and unpause people

If you are using standard drip program, you can either marketing suspend people temporarily or remove from campaign flow.

Frank_Oprel
Level 2

Hi Gunjan,

Our company is looking for a solution that's similar to Jesse's question.

Wouldn't it be incovenient to manage this process based on Campaign Status? I would rather use something similar to Salesforce's overall Campaign Status, which is a field on the Campaign object itself. Then you could say: this Campaign is now 'open' for removal of members. Aren't there any Campaign fields in Marketo that can be used for this purpose?