Re: Adding munchkin code to pop ups

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding munchkin code to pop ups

We are building a new website and  for the gallery section, we have sub categories which will open in pop ups. I would like to track which subcategory a vistor views. Is it possible to add munchkin codes to pop ups, and if so, how is this done?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michelle, What kind of pop-ups. If it's a new window it's super easy, just add the code to the source of the new window. If the pop-up is a DIV that is suddenly visible (previously hidden), it's more challenging. You can't just add the code, as it's already on the page. In that case you have two tactics. 1) Use jQuery to manipulate the tracked URL. 2) Track activities/clicks, like you would do for Flash. I believe there's an article on that.
Rafael_Santoni1
Level 5

I hope this helps.

Michelle,

Since a pop-up is nothing more than another page. Usually coded in a way that will look somewhat decent when called to be open as a pop-up (instead of with the full browser window elements like the address bar, buttons, etc.). If you are opening a page in the pop-up window where you don't have access to its code, then you're out of luck. If the page is hosted in a server where you can include code at will, then simply add the script block on the page and you're done.

If the new window is hosted by a third party, you would need to ask them to include your Marketo instance's tracking script on it.

I guess that what I am saying is that it depends on what type of pop-up in order to give you a final answer.

Good luck!

Rafael

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Hi  Michelle,

Can you share the link for the page where you are trying to use the pop up. As Rafael said, pop is just another kind of page and everytime it opens for you, some product ID or item ID will be hitting a URL. You just need to add the Munchkin code and you will be able to track visitor views on any sub-category with clicks being tracked in Marketo.