SOLVED

Adding members of a Smart Lists to an engagement program

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding members of a Smart Lists to an engagement program

I created a Smart List and added it to my engagement program. My question is, 'Member of Smart List' is a filter, not a trigger, so how do I make sure every new member of my Smart List is added to my engagement program? Does this happen automatically? Why doesn't Marketo have a trigger like, 'Added to Smart List'. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Re: Adding members of a Smart Lists to an engagement program

As John points out,

To get leads into your engagement stream, create a separate smart campaign with your smart list criteria, Then in your flow step, add to the appropriate stream in your engagement program. In your schedule set up either set a daily/weekly schedule to come on and processes the new found leads.

This will add new leads each time it comes on to process into your engagement stream.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Mary,

Triggers are mostly based on Lead actions, so what I would ask is, how are the leads qualifying for the smart list you currently have them on?  Is there some action they would have to take to qualify for you smart list that you could use as a trigger to add them to the Engagement Program instead?

The other option is to set your campaign to run once a day or week before you Engagement Program sends out it's cast.  You don't necessarily need a trigger, you just need to get the leads in the Engagement Program before each cast.

Also, Leads aren't really "added" to a smart list.  They either qualify for it at the time it's calculated (i.e. viewed by a user or referenced by a smart campaign), or they don't.  So there isn't any activity to trigger from.  Does that make sense?

John

Edward_Masson
Level 10

As John points out,

To get leads into your engagement stream, create a separate smart campaign with your smart list criteria, Then in your flow step, add to the appropriate stream in your engagement program. In your schedule set up either set a daily/weekly schedule to come on and processes the new found leads.

This will add new leads each time it comes on to process into your engagement stream.