SOLVED

Re: Adding a lead status

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding a lead status

Is it possible to add a lead status?

For example, the options to currently choose from when setting up an event campaign include:

Events with invites > Registered

Events with invites > Confirmed

Is it possible to add others, i.e.

Events with invites > Free registration

Events with invites > Paid registration

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tim_Langlois1
Level 4

Hi Olivia - Those sound like program statuses. If so, yes you can add, edit, or remove a status by clicking the Add Step button in the channel tag. You'll need Admin rights - go to Admin > Tags > Channels and look for the Events with invites channel.

Create a Program Channel - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Delete a Program Status From a Program Channel - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

If you mean can Marketo write to the "Lead Status" field, yes it can, you can select an existing value or type one in using the Change Data Value flow step using the Lead Status attribute.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tim_Langlois1
Level 4

Hi Olivia - Those sound like program statuses. If so, yes you can add, edit, or remove a status by clicking the Add Step button in the channel tag. You'll need Admin rights - go to Admin > Tags > Channels and look for the Events with invites channel.

Create a Program Channel - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Delete a Program Status From a Program Channel - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

If you mean can Marketo write to the "Lead Status" field, yes it can, you can select an existing value or type one in using the Change Data Value flow step using the Lead Status attribute.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this Tim!

I've successfully managed to add the channel and can now change leads' status once they have registered - however it says that when using the mobile app this will not show up as it only shows registered and attended and it is not possible to duplicate these options.

Is there a way around this?

The example we are using is that when people register to our free events, their status changes to registered. When people register to paid events their status changes to confirmed. This is how we differentiate between free and paid. Then our delegate sales team will call some of these people to "reconfirm" their attendance. This is why I needed to add this option. But when I added in this step, I wanted to change the Mobile Check-in Status to Registered as well as obviously this still means they are registered, but it won't allow me to do this.

Look forward to hearing your response!

Tim_Langlois1
Level 4

To me it sounds like "confirmed" and "registered" mean the same thing - that someone has signed up for an event in the future. So you could call the Program Status "Confirmed" but still use the mobile check-in status of "Registered".

However if it was me I would just pick one term in Marketo - registered or confirmed - and use that.

pastedImage_0.png

What may be a good idea as well is to have two custom Channels - one for free events and one for paid events.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your response!

Ideally I would like to be able to use 'Registered' for the Mobile Check-in Status for both 'Registered' and 'Confirmed', however it only allows me to use the status once! On the screenshot you attached, did it allow you to save the settings despite having two 'Registered' Mobile status'?