SOLVED

Adding a Area Code Drop down to Phone Number Field

Go to solution
Mike_Guanci
Level 1

Adding a Area Code Drop down to Phone Number Field

Our EMEA team is asking us to look into adding a area code dropdown option to our phone number field on Marketo forms.  I was wondering if anyone else has done something like this in the past and how to best do it.  If not possible, what is the best way include area code for emea based phone numbers?  

Our phone number field isn't mandatory and I made the team aware even adding this functionality will result in people providing reliable numbers in a lot of cases. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Adding a Area Code Drop down to Phone Number Field

Add an Area Code field (String) to the db. Present it as a Select widget to the left of the Phone Number.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

Add an Area Code field (String) to the db. Present it as a Select widget to the left of the Phone Number.

Mike_Guanci
Level 1

Thank you Sanford, I will test this out!  I would assume I would need to add a step in the flow to merge the area code field and phone number into the phone number field via tokens when it syncs over to SFDC it would show 1+123... as the phone number?

SanfordWhiteman

Yes, using Change Data Value in a flow will be easiest for you to execute.

It could also be done in JS on the form itself, but it's tricky to avoid it looking a tiny bit strange for the end user (otherwise they would see the Area Code "jump" over to the Phone Number box when they clicked submit, and even though it would be very quick, it's an effect that's best avoided).