SOLVED

Adding Values to a Form Picklist

Go to solution
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding Values to a Form Picklist

New to Marketo! Answers greatly appreciated.

I am creating a global form for a landing page. I want to add picklist values for the # of employees field. 1-10, 11-24, 25-49, 50-99, 100+.

I found this guide in the Product Docs but it is only for a Salesforce sync. I do not yet have my CRM synced with Marketo. My company will not be using Salesforce.

Add/Remove Picklist Values - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

How can I assign values?

Thank you,

Hayley

Marketo Picklist Question.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Adding Values to a Form Picklist

First, you have a fundamental problem in your choice of field type in Marketo, assuming you have set this as a Number in Field Management.  A range of values cannot be stored in a Number (integer) field. By definition it holds one number at a time.  While you could use the number 1 to signify 1-10, 11 to signify 11-24, etc. this will likely prove cumbersome.  Instead, you should be using a String field.

As for the picklists side, change the Field Type in Form Editor to Select. Then you can manage the values.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

First, you have a fundamental problem in your choice of field type in Marketo, assuming you have set this as a Number in Field Management.  A range of values cannot be stored in a Number (integer) field. By definition it holds one number at a time.  While you could use the number 1 to signify 1-10, 11 to signify 11-24, etc. this will likely prove cumbersome.  Instead, you should be using a String field.

As for the picklists side, change the Field Type in Form Editor to Select. Then you can manage the values.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Sanford! That completely makes sense. I changed the field type to "Select" and then I was able to manage the values.

Highlighted

Great, if you could mark my answer as Correct, that would look nice 'n' clean.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I can! Good to know.