Adding Program to an Engagement Stream

Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

Adding Program to an Engagement Stream

I am running into some issues with testing some assets (contaned in content programs) that we are set to activate within engagement streams.  When testing some of my send campaigns, Marketo is saying that something is wrong and isn't sending the test email.  

Here is what I have in the smart campaign that I am linking with my engagement program.

Smart List:  Member of Engagement Program = TRUE; Program is (leave blank)

Flow:  Send email (content email)

This campaign is allowing me to add to the engagement program and activate, but in investigating further it's erroring out before the email gets sent.  Need help/advice.  What am I missing? 
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Adding Program to an Engagement Stream

Chris, you need to specify which program they are a member of. This might be erroring because nobody is meeting the criteria of that smart list. 
Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

Hi Dory - thanks for that update.  That makes sense. 

If I have my content programs in a folder apart from my engagement programs (because content can be used in multiple locations), should I provide each applicable engagement program in my smart list (or is the "is any" option applicable?)? 
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

This would probably be something that I'd test, the "is any" should work in theory, but sometimes quirky little things like that don't work for some reason. 
Chris_Willis1
Level 8 - Champion

I would agree.  I'd prefer your suggestion just to keep some control over what content's getting delivered to which audience.  Thanks for sharing your knowledge. 
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi Chris,

Dory is correct, When using the 'Is' operator in a smart list filter you must specify a value in order for the campaign to be able to run.  Otherwise it will simpoly result in an error.