SOLVED

Adding New field to form

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding New field to form

I need to add a 'I'd like to request a demo' field to the template form fields. How do I do this?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding New field to form

Hi Matt,
For a new field to appear in Tempalte Form Fields, you must first create this field in Field Management.

To do so, in your Marketo instance, go to Admin --> Field Management and then click "New Custom Field". You can then select the type of field you want to create (what you want sounds like a checkbox (true/false) field). Once you do so, you will be able to add these fields to forms.

Best,
Will

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Matt,
For a new field to appear in Tempalte Form Fields, you must first create this field in Field Management.

To do so, in your Marketo instance, go to Admin --> Field Management and then click "New Custom Field". You can then select the type of field you want to create (what you want sounds like a checkbox (true/false) field). Once you do so, you will be able to add these fields to forms.

Best,
Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

To add to this:

If you plan on using this field in your CRM, which it sounds like you are, I would recommend creating the field in your CRM and letting it sync over to Marketo. In SFDC, this is Setup>Customize>Leads>Fields>New.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also,

If you do not create the field in SFDC first, it will never be available in SFDC. You can still populate the value in alerts to sales but the info will not live on the record in SFDC layouts, reports, or views.

Justin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Matt, I moved your question to the Products & Support category for more visibility.