SOLVED

Adding New Content to Nurture Programs -- What Happens to Exhausted Leads?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding New Content to Nurture Programs -- What Happens to Exhausted Leads?

Hi --

I currently have three nurture campaigns running. Programs 1 and 2 are to warm leads from separate industries. Program 3 is where leads go once they have exhausted content from 1 or 2 and have not left the programs or turned into a lead for our sales team.

We're looking to add a piece of content to program 1, and I'm curious as to what will happen to those who have exhausted the content in that program and have been moved into program 3. Will they receive the email added to program 1? Or, since they're already exhausted, will they not receive the new email?

Since all programs run on the same day, I don't want leads to receive multiple emails from us.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Stephanie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding New Content to Nurture Programs -- What Happens to Exhausted Leads?

Hi Stephanie,

If the leads are removed from program 1 and 2, when you add them to program 3, they will not receive the new content. If they are not removed, and exist in both, then they will receive whatever content you add to program 1.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Edward_Unthank_
Level 10

Edit after I wrote up the below: what do you mean by "program" here? Do you mean separate nurture cast programs (i.e., the wallet/briefcase icon)? Do you mean separate Streams? Do you mean separate engagement programs (i.e., plant icon)?

Streams act independently regarding their actual email cast cadence and content.

If someone is in Stream 1 and is exhausted, but isn't moved, then an additional piece of content added into Stream 1, then that lead will no longer be exhausted because there's an email she hasn't received.

If someone is in Stream 1 and is exhausted, then is moved to Stream 3, then the only content that matters is the content in Stream 3. If you add an additional piece of content into Stream 1, the lead in Stream 3 will be unaffected by this change.

Edward

Anonymous
Not applicable

We're not using multiple streams. By program I mean separate plants. Each one of these programs has 1 stream where the specific emails pertaining to the stream are kept. Once a lead has exhausted program 1 or 2, they are added into program 3 via a batch campaign. Hope this clears it up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Stephanie,

If the leads are removed from program 1 and 2, when you add them to program 3, they will not receive the new content. If they are not removed, and exist in both, then they will receive whatever content you add to program 1.

Hope that helps.