SOLVED

Adding Link to Token

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding Link to Token

I would like to add a link to a token. For example, when I referece a piece of content downloaded in a nurture email (which populates via token), how can I set it up so that token text links to the content online.

Example is , "You recently downloaded .... {{token}}". I would like to link to that token. I assume this can be done, but I'm not sure exactly how to do it. Can anyone advise?

Thanks!

Steve

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding Link to Token

Hey Steve, instead of using text tokens you can use Rich Text tokens which will allow you to put your asset name within a linked token. That should accomplish what you're looking for. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Steve, instead of using text tokens you can use Rich Text tokens which will allow you to put your asset name within a linked token. That should accomplish what you're looking for. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dory,
Sounds great. How can I add a rich text token? It's not in the token drop-down, so I'm not sure what I need to do to add one.

Thanks,

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Steve, they're available to be created in Program-specific tokens. Is this a token that you're creating for each program, or a token that resides on each record?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dory,

The thought is that anyone who downloads a piece of content will recevie an automated email follow-up. Although the content can be found anywhere, I suppose the email follow-up is only one program, and that is the only place it would be referenced.

So if John Smith downloads a whitepaper, regardless of where he found the paper, he would get an email follow-up with a link pointing to the content. The same would be true for all records, and all pieces of content.

Steve
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Steve, you can create a token at the program level for the report download, and then this will be doable. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again Dory,

I am on the program level trying to get this done. Apologies for the need for more direction here, but I am on the rich text token field and am still not sure of what to do. Marketo support was unable to provide any answers here, so if you can, it would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Stephen Schimmel​!

Here's what I recommend. You want to create two text tokens on the Program Level.

First text token is {{my.Asset_Title}}, this will be the title of your asset (e.g. "Beginner's Guide to Marketing Optimization").

Then, you will create a second text token called something like {{my.Asset_URL}}, this will be the link to the content (e.g. pages.website.com/beginner_ebook.pdf}

Then in the email editor, you will add the Asset Title token into the text area of the email. Finally, select the Asset Title token, click the "link" button, and in the URL area type in: http://{{my.Asset_URL}} and click OK.

Make sure the "http://" lives *outside* of the text token, or it won't work.

Does that help, and does that make sense? let me know!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Allison,

sorry i don't intend to hijack this thread. I tried above approach, did not work for my case. any recommendations? please see the thread How to use my.token in CTA URL

Appreciate your help.

-Mahesh

Anonymous
Not applicable

​ FYI. I moved your product related question to the Products and Support​ section.