Re: Adding LaunchPoint details to an email

Natali_Talevski
Level 4

Adding LaunchPoint details to an email

Hi all,

Has anyone added details from a LaunchPoint provider to their emails? We are looking to add a token to our emails that pulls in webinar details (name, time, region) directly from the webinar provider.

I know you can use the {{member.xxxx}} token for things like webinar URLs, but can that be extended to include event details?

Thanks

Natali

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Which vendor and what exactly do you want it to look like? You may need to ask the vendor.

{{member.webinar url}} is special.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Most likely not possible.  You may want to consult your vendor but Tokens cannot reach out and contact third party data sources

Natali_Talevski
Level 4

The vendor is BrightTALK. We've asked them, but they aren't sure how it would be done. All we want is the name of the webinar, the time and the description to be dynamically populated in our invite emails. At the moment, we need to manually add it to every email, yet when you sync a program to BrightTALK, it brings across that info at the program level. So if Marketo can see it at program, then I would guess there would be some way to show that in an asset?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

So if Marketo can see it at program, then I would guess there would be some way to show that in an asset?

What do you mean by "see it at program"? Unless it's a {{something.token}} or a custom object (which can be used via Velocity scripting) it won't be able to be inserted into an email.

Natali_Talevski
Level 4

As in, when I look at the settings of the program, I can see Event Partner, Event Status, Event Name, Event Description

SanfordWhiteman

I don't think that Event Settings metadata is even available using the REST API, so you're out of luck (I would otherwise have said you could copy the data into {{my.tokens}} programmatically).

Natali_Talevski
Level 4

I thought about that with the Email Script token, but I'm not sure how I would set it up

SanfordWhiteman

It's not an API-accessible program property, nor token, nor custom object, as far as I know.  You can't add it to the email script right-hand pane, for example. So without any way of getting at it other than literally reading it in the UI, you can't fetch/copy it anywhere else.